Wednesday, December 14, 2011

American Wedding

American Wedding is the 3rd installment to the American Pie series. By now many of the jokes have been used in the first two films so the writers have to come up with new material. Is it funny? Well yes and no.
American Wedding is about Jim and Michelle getting married. Basically Stifler shows up uninvited and all the trouble and nonsense gets going. The overall plot of the film is ok. I liked some things about it but all in all it was a basic comedy plot. Some of the jokes were funny (role switch with Stifler and Finch) some were not ( the whole gay bar scene). The plot itself wasn't too hard to follow and made sense which is good for a comedy.
The acting was quite good. Which since most of the actors and actress have been doing to same characters for such a long time I would hope they get them on cue this time around. I was dissappointed in how many characters were not able to return, but I did enjoy some of the new characters. It will be interesting to see which ones return in American Reunion. Which I am hoping all of them.
The dialogue itself was quite funny. There were a lot of jokes that had me laughing. Other jokes I thought were quite stupid.
I can say overall for a third round at American Pie this is not bad. Yes the plot is a little boring and some of the dialogue isn't very good. Its great to see the actors and actresses grow up and I can say I am quite excited to see the new one!
Plot- 8
Acting-9
Dialogue- 7
Overall-8

No comments:

Post a Comment